Did you know that you can freeze bananas? Most of you probabily allready knew. Until a year ago I however had no idea. When I saw that my bananas were over ripe, I ate them (even when I was not really in the mood) or even threw them away. Then I discovered that you can put them in the freezer which turned out to be super convenient when I got the urge for a smoothie or milkshake.
- Step 1: peel the banana
- Step 2: slice the banana is pieces
- Step 3: put the pieces in an airtight bag or a plastic container
- Step 4: put the bag or container in the freezer
That’s how I do it. If you prefer, you can also leave the banana in one or two big pieces, or you can even leave the peel on and put the banana entirely in the freezer. If you leave the peel on you can afterwards easily peel the (frozen) banana by shortly holding it under running water.
Now what can you do with frozen bananas? There so many things that you can make with them. I prefer to use them for making smoothies and milkshake. Here are two super easy and super tasty recipies that I often make.
Recipe 1: **tasty-banana-smoothie**
- Poor a cup of orange juice in the blender
- Add the frozen bananas
- Blend until smooth
- Add some extra orange juice depending on your own taste
- Enjoy your tasty-banana-smoothie
Recipe 2: **sweet-banana-chocolate-milkshake**
- Scoop three spoons of ice cream in the blender
- Add the frozen bananas and a bit milk
- Blend until smooth
- Add a teaspoon of maple syrup
- Enjoy an uber-super-duber-tasty sweet-banana-chocolate-milkshake
These are two very easy recipes that I often make. It’s nice because they only take a few minutes to make and they are super tasty. And, best of all, you can make them whenever you want if you have some bananas in the freezer.
If you make the smoothie or milkshake, be sure to rinse the blender immediately afterwards. Otherwise, if you leave it for a few hours, it will be much harder to clean.
I hope you all enjoy the banana smoothie and milkshake as much as my boyfriend and me do!